Advanced Manufacturing Fund (AMF) provides up to 50% of your large scale project over $20,000,000 in Government 0%-interest loan if your are bringing advanced product or technology to Canada. The funding is administered by FedDev Ontario.
Objective of Advanced Manufacturing Fund (AMF)
Get funding up to $20,000,000 for bringing manufacturing of exportable product or technology to Ontario, Canada
- 0% interest loan
- 5 years payback
- no collateral
- Must be Ontario manufacturers
- Minimum 3 years in business
- Must present a sustainable business model
- Must have a track record of profitability
- Must meet project budget criteria $10,000,000 – $20,000,000
- Equipment Purchase
- Building Upgrades & Modification
- Software and Hardware Purchase
- Installation Costs
- External Consulting
- One-time Labour Cost
- Business Planning to support your Statement of Intent;
- Writing Statement of Intent to Participate in Advanced Manufacturing Fund (AMF) Program;
- Assisting in Writing the Application;
- Assisting in Report Writing.
Examples of Funded Projects
1. Baylis Medical Company. Government of Canada’s investment is $15.2 million. The funding supported an exciting project that will bring new, innovative medical devices to market. Baylis will manufacture and commercialize three new medical product lines in southern Ontario. These innovative, first-in-Canada medical devices will be used during medical procedures and will fill a void in the medical devices market. Not only will this funding help enhance Baylis’ global competitiveness, it will strengthen Ontario’s medical device cluster and create 60 new manufacturing jobs and 30 knowledge-based R&D jobs.
2. Fibercast. Government of Canada’s investment is up to $10 million. This contribution will be used to market and commercialize Fibracast`s FibrePlate membrane technology. Fibracast is the only company manufacturing immersed water treatment membranes in North America, and with this new facility Fibracast will become a top-tier global supplier.