Objective of Canada Ontario Job Grant (COJG)
- Get funding up to $10,000 per trainee for sending your employee to training anywhere in Ontario.
- non-repayable grant
- pays 2/3 to 5/6 of the third party training costs
- Must be Ontario business with valid CRA number
- Must have a payroll employee or a candidate to send for training
- Must select the training performed by Ontario trainer
- Examples of eligible training include:
- Export / Import / International Trade Training
- Engineering Training
- Software Training
- Equipment / Machining Skills Training
- Lean / 6 Sigma / Kaizen Training
- Training fee
- Examination fee
- Cost of books and software to study
- Mandatory student fee
- Applicants employing 25 or less employees may contribute a portion of salary of trainees (in-kind contribution)
- Writing Application for Canada Ontario Job Grant (COJG);
- Assisting in Writing Trainee Registration Forms;
- Assisting in Report Writing.
Examples of Funded Projects
1. BOS Innovations received $52,725 to train 16 employees, three of which will be new hires. The company will invest an additional $13,181 in this training, plus an in-kind contribution of $13,181 through employee wages. The company will provide employees with comprehensive training to fully implement new software, giving BOS Innovations greater ability to control its business operation from initial customer contact to final shipping and billing. The funding for Canada Ontario Job Grant (COJG) will also provide an additional four employees with training in robotics software to increase the company’s efficiency and competitiveness. (Source)
2. Cementation Canada in North Bay, Ontario has received over $43,000 through the Canada Ontario Job Grant (COJG), with an employer investment of an additional $21,600. This investment will be used to train 105 employees in project management, leadership and performance, and first aid. Cementation Canada is an underground mine contracting and engineering company providing services for clients throughout North and South America, and around the world.