SMART Advanced Technologies for Global Growth (CME SMART) provides up to $100,000 non-repayable government grant for equipment purchase and upgrade, productivity improvement, manufacturing software, equipment installation and tooling.
Objective of SMART Advanced Technologies for Global Growth (CME SMART)
Get funding up to $100,000 for purchasing or upgrade of capital equipment or production related software in Southern Ontario.
- non-repayable grant
- pays 35% of eligible costs
- Up to $15,000 is available to cover 50% of the cost of assessments, including export market assessments. Win Global Partners is a qualified service provider selected and approved by Canadian Manufacturers and Exporters.What is in it for you? – CME SMART Program reimburses 50% of the cost of assessment performed by Win Global Partners.
- Must be a manufacturer located in Southern Ontario
- Must have 15-1000 full-time employees
- Must be export-oriented
- Must be in business for minimum 2 years
- Examples of eligible equipment & software include:
- CNC Machines
- Industrial Automation Systems
- Robotic Systems
- 3D Printers
- CAD / CAM / ERP Software
- Equipment Cost
- Software Cost
- Installation Cost
- Consulting (limitations apply)
- Writing Export Market Assessments (FedNor Program Only. Win Global Partner is a Qualified )
- Writing Business Case for SMART Advanced Technologies for Global Growth (CME SMART);
- Profitability Analysis of the Proposed Project;
- Assisting in Writing Application Package;
- Assisting in Report Writing.
Examples of Funded Projects
1. OZ Optics Limited. OZ Optics Limited will use the funding provided by CME SMART Advanced Technologies for Global Growth program to automate and optimize a laser writing process. This will allow the company to manufacture better devices and at a faster rate. It will also help develop new devices for advanced applications. In addition to designing and manufacturing components and test equipment for fiber optics markets, the company offers fiber optic sensor systems for remote monitoring of oil and gas pipelines, wells, refineries, bridges, dams and other large structures, security fences and for fire detection. (Source)